Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Morning

Today, I am thankful for many things. I'm most thankful for my sewing abilities. Not that they are grand, but that I come from a long line of sewing women.

My great-great grandmother was a tailor. She provided for her family by sewing men's suits. She lived far away from Nashville, which is where her suits were sold. She would send them to stores via ferry in Granville. She also made all of the clothing her children wore, from the skin out.

I remember my great grandmother quilting and crocheting. I have baby shoes she made for either sis or me. I am also blessed to have several of her quilts. I cherish them. I am a bad blogger and didn't take any pictures before sunset.

My mom didn't quilt. She did crochet and made great clothes. I'm still wearing some flannel lounging pants she made me. I will be very sad when they wear out. I also have an afghan she made me. I inherited her sewing things. I went through some tonight looking for Velcro. Made me miss her so very much. I'm sure there are snaps and buttons in that box that are older than I am.

Let me say again, I am very proud to come from a long line of talented women. I deeply miss them tonight.

Rest in peace sweet ladies...

No comments:

Post a Comment