Friday, January 3, 2014

Techy Journal

I follow Susan Branch and read her blog regularly. She wrote about the blizzard that hit the Cape Cod area where she lives and she talked about keeping a daily journal. Nothing really deep, but just enough to remember her daily activity because time goes so fast.

My momma kept a 2 yr calendar in her purse and used it to jot down the little things of life. I tried to keep all the ones I could find when we closed her house. I ran across the last one she kept while cleaning out my quilting room this winter break. The notes were short - phone call from Carmen or met Jackie for lunch. Little things that mean so much to me now. I realize I don't have children to treasure these and that if I started my own, sis would just have more stuff to sort and to throw away.

So I'm going to use this blog as my record keeper. In knowing me, this may only be done for a few weeks. But I'm hoping it strikes a cord with me and becomes a great habit. If this becomes too intimate or private, I'll keep the posts unpublished. But I'm excited to give this a try.

It doesn't mean I will post only journal items. I'll still post about things that strike me and my crafting projects. I can also never have enough posts about the kitties!

No comments:

Post a Comment