Thursday, January 30, 2014

Journal - January 29 and 30

I'm so over the cold weather. We've gone extended days in the teens. I'm tired of leaving my water dripping constantly. I'm tired of fearing frozen pipes. I'm tired of the continuous running of my heater.

I'm very thankful for my warm home with a garage. I am very very thankful that I don't have to get into an extremely cold car first thing in the morning. 41 degrees seems to be the coldest my garage has been. It the coldest my thermostat has read when I start the car. Driving to work in 4 degree weather is a little startling. I was so shocked Tuesday when I got in the car and it was 16 degrees. I stayed cold on most of my drive to revival. Wednesday the sun was shining and even though it was cold, the sun had warmed the interior of the car.

I'm also thankful for warm coats, hats and scarves. I'm so happy I learned to knit and have been wearing my own creations. Now I just need to learn to make socks and gloves. Maybe by next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment