Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year - Changes

I ended 2011 with church and friends. I spent the day working on this small quilt. I enjoyed the process so much and I realized how much I missed my quilt guild.

Our small guild group dissolved years ago. We just kept getting smaller and smaller. We met in the evening, members moved away, lost interest and we drifted apart. As I set sewing and fondly remembering my quilts friends, I realized I needed to find a new group and made that a goal of 2012.

 

I spent most of my evening at church. We have a church family night and hosted a chili cook off and talent show. We had great food and a wonderful assortment of talent. The winner was a young man under the age of five who quoted several Psalms from memory. Cute factor played well in his winning. :)

After leaving church, I went to a friends annual NYE party. There is always good food and entertaining conversations to be had. Knowing I had to be at church early, I left well before midnight and was tucked into bed nice and snug.

Today after church, I've worked in the garage and almost have it ready to put the car back in. I still have my old water heater sitting in the way! Hopefully I will get it moved soon. I also changed the back door locks, a project that has been on my to-do list since moving 1.5 years ago. LOL I accomplished a lot today!

I hope that this new year brings more things checked off my to-do list. Starting with more Bible study and more quilting and needlework.

Be blessed!
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment