Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Comfort

I love coming home to the smell of a roast in the crockpot. It hit me before I opened the front door. I woke up in the middle of the night with it on my mind that a roast was sitting in the fridge waiting to be cooked. First thing this morning, I put it in to cook.

Now that I'm home, I have tea going and stewed potatoes. I haven't had stewed potatoes in many years. I'm talking 25+ since I've made them. The last time I ate them Mom cooked them. My girlfriend Cindy also makes them, but it has been a long time since I've eaten them at her house. Yummy, can't wait for dinner to be done.

The only thing I'm lacking is dessert and my favorite thing is ice cream! It is cold out and I just want to curl up on the couch with a quilt. No way am I going out for ice cream. Mmm, peach cobbler would be good too.

Stay warm,
Tracy

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment