Saturday, June 1, 2013

Book Review - Jennifer



I have a few favorite genres that I read. I love mysteries and suspense as well as christian fiction and I really like it when they are blended. One of my favorite authors who does this well is Dee Henderson. She has recently released a new book - Jennifer. This isn't a mystery or suspense but it is a prequel to her O'Malley series which is full of mysteries and suspense.

This series is about a group of orphans who decide to adopt one another and form a true family. Little sister Jennifer is the last to be adopted and her story is told throughout the series. Her book describes how she found her husband to be and how this relationship leads her to a relationship with Christ. The author introduces us to the O'Malley family and as she weaves the story you feel like a member of this family. What I really like about the story is that it can be read as a stand alone or as part of the series. Dee does a great job of describing Jennifer's busy life as a doctor and her commitment to her patients as well as her family.

If you are like me and love to read great fiction, I suggest you pick up this book by Dee Henderson or any of her books. She has more than one great series.

No comments:

Post a Comment