Sunday, May 27, 2012

Summer Begins

My first official week off from school and I have rested. Wednesday, I met my sister and bil for dinner. We went to a new to me hibachi restaurant.  Dinner was great and I love spending time with my family. We really need to do it more!

I took the day Thursday and went to two local nature areas. I didn't know they were nearby, both were glades and had a rare species of Tennessee coneflowers. These flowers had been on the endangered species list until last fall. They are making a come back in these two glades. Only a few were in bloom but next weekend is supposed to be the peak. I may go back and take more pictures.

I have decided I am going to try knitting. I hope to go Thursday to sit and stitch at the Stitchin' Post and get a beginner crash course! We'll see how I do. I really need another hobby like a need a hole in the head!



I also have a few quilting and stitching projects planned. Several babies are coming and I been surfing the net and going through my patterns. I will post progress soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment