Sunday, January 17, 2016

Mid January

The month is speeding by and back to school has made my brain numb as well as my body tired. I've only done a little knitting and reading but it feels good. I'm about to start a new knitting project. I wear my Yowza shawls all of the time and I need to knit a few more to add to the rotation. So I'm going to start the Yowza Weigh It Shawl that started the collection.

I'm knitting it in Perfectly Reckless colorway and it is a gorgeous hot pink with grey, green and black shot throughout. I can't wait to get it on the needles. I finished the simple socks with yarn by Kaleidoscope Dye Works and I've worn them once. I think they should have been knit with a larger circumference. They felt fine, but they really stretched out. I'll see how much they bounce back after the first wash. I have put a few pieces in hibernation. I'm actively working on my Drachenfels, my sister's pedicure socks, starting Yowza, seed stitch cowl, and a simple rib hat for sister. I just realized that's three things for sis! She does have a birthday coming up next month. :)

UntitledUntitled The baby sweaters were a hit and one new baby has arrived. I finished the binding on his quilt the day before he came. He was early. Everyone is doing well and he stole my heart the minute he was put in my arms. I cried more than he did. He is the grandson of my dearest friend. She has four children and I've been blessed to be a part of their lives for 20 years. I've watched them grow up and spent a lot of time with them. I don't have an honorary title, but I call their children my fairy grandchildren. He is the first boy with three girls before him and one more arriving in 20+ days.

Next week I am taking part in a Lifeway taping for Angela Thomas-Pharr. This will be my third time to take part in one of her book sessions. The tapings will produce the video session for her new study Redeemed. I was in the audience for Brave and Stronger. I can't wait to her watch she is teaching on Redeemed. We will tape for three nights. She will be doing more taping throughout that time and it's always a powerful time. Then next month I'm going to see Priscilla Shirer and Anthony Evans. I know the night will blow my socks off. The last time I heard Priscilla in person she was with Beth Moore and Kay Arthur.  I just realized I've listed my top four bible teachers. Love these ladies and the gift of the word they bring to my life!!!

Off to start the Yowza!

No comments:

Post a Comment